Harbour Business Supplies Ltd – Privacy and Data Policy
This privacy and data policy governs the manner in which Harbour Business Supplies Ltd collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from customers and users of the website www.harbourbusinesssupplies.co.uk.
This policy applies to the website and all products and services offered by Harbour Business Supplies Ltd.
Harbour Business Supplies Ltd takes the protection of your data and privacy seriously. We ensure that we are working in line with the latest GDPR regulations.
If you have any questions in relation to this policy, please feel free to contact us and one of our friendly team will be more than happy to help answer any questions.
Appointed Data Protection Officer at Harbour Business Supplies Ltd – Mr Sean Sysum (Managing Director)
What data we collect and why;
· Personal and Business Information is collected when creating an account or placing an online order with ourselves to enable us to complete your order and to enable our sales team to contact you in relation to the order and offer you relevant future offers.
· Customer/s Name – To Identify the customer.
· Company Name – To Identify the business customer.
· Company Address – To process and deliver orders.
· Company Phone Number - To contact you in relation to your orders and enquires.
How we collect data;
· Via our website
What we use the data for;.
· To complete your order
· To allocate purchase information to specific customer to allow us to look back at your orders and provide you with the best customer service.
· To send out email advertisements to the customers on our database. We strongly believe in only sending advertisements that are relevant and worth sending. We will send a maximum of 2 a month. You can opt out of marketing by emailing us at email@example.com and we will remove you from the mailing list.
· To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
· To personalise user experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our customers as a group use the services and resources provided on our website.
· To improve the service we offer – We may use your feedback to improve our products and services.
· To process payments
Who we share your information with;
· We do not share your information with any third party companies unless you have given us permission. This may be to provide you with a specific service or enter you into a competition.
· Credit card information will be shared with our card service provider to enable us to process your payment.
How long is the Data kept;
· When you place an order with us the information will be stored as reference for ourselves and our customers should they wish to refer back to a product they have purchased. We only keep minimal and relevant information.
· We will automatically delete any data that we no longer have use for.
What you can request in relation to your information;
· You have the right to request access to your personal information at any time.
· You can update personal information to ensure it is kept accurate.
· You can request for your personal information to be deleted.
How to access, update, requested removal or ask us a question in relation to Data Protection.
· Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the subject states Data Protection.
Data Protection Complaints;
· All of our customers have the right to raise a complaint in relation the way we have handled personal information. To raise a complaint please contact the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) by visiting the following website https://ico.org.uk/.
· We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connections to the website.
How we protect your information
· We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, processing practices and security measures to protect you against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information and transaction information.
· Sensitive and Private data exchange between the website and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Changes to this policy
· Harbour Business Supplies ltd has the discretion to update this privacy and data policy at any time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage customers to frequently check this policy on our website or by requesting a copy from your account manager to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this policy periodically and become aware of any modifications.
Your acceptance of these terms
· By using our website or contacting the office, you signify your acceptance of this policy.
Harbour Business Supplies Ltd are ensuring that we are working to the latest GDPR regulations. If you think we have missed something or if we can improve on a specific area please do get in contact with us. Your data protection and privacy is extremely important to us.
THIS DOCUMENT WAS LAST UPDATED ON 31ST JULY 2018